Tuesday, November 1, 2011

PS3 + Yellow Light = no Uncharted 3


As everyone is well aware, Uncharted 3 has finally released this day.  And, like everyone else, I've been eagerly awaiting this moment since the end of Uncharted 2.  Unfortunately for me, however, my PS3 decided to breathe its last breath this past weekend and go YLOD (or "yellow light of death") on me, effectively halting all Arkham City playing and future Uncharted 3 gameplay.

It wasn't pleasant to admit, and at first I wanted to really blame Arkham City for the sudden crashes.  Plus, my PS3 wasn't in any enclosed space, and never exhibited things like loud fan noises or overheating to indicate its impending doom.  And while I was able to squeeze some more gameplay after a few sessions of denial, my PS3 finally hit the wall when it stopped me from even turning on my system at all.  So now, with my 320GB hard drive and Arkham City in its disk tray, my PS3 is now officially in the shop to be repaired/replaced.

It's not like I'm in any dire drought without my PS3.  I still have my Wii, Xbox 360, 3DS, and PSP to occupy me.  But with the PS3 being a focused console this month, it's certainly a gaping hole in my queue.

And while I'm hopeful that the repair will be relatively soon, there's still The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword later this month.  And there's still a large queue for other games like Epic Mickey, or GoldenEye.

1 comment:

Theossie said...

Sorry to hear about your PS3. My 60GB launch system died on me last year. So I feel your pain.