Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Timing is NOT on my side...

Know what's coming out this week on the Wii? That's right, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. Wonderful game, from what the reviews rave about. I also played it last year at the last E3 in the world. Great controls, nice interaction, and just the overall immense gameplay experience that I've come to expect from Retro Studios. But guess who's just about to go on a trip? No, not me...but my Wii system.

I'm one of the unlucky few who has a bad case of vertical artifacting on their screens in the Wii menus and during gameplay. I can't even replay Zelda: TP without it invoking a mental gag reflex in my mind. So, while my system is going off to be repaired, I'll be sitting on my hands, awaiting its return.

It's not like I'll be bored or anything. I still have to finish Okami, and I have a slew of other games that need "closure"...but it's just that, not since Super Paper Mario had I anticipated a Wii game this much. In the long run, performing this repair is better now than later. But I'll be damned if some other unfortunate mishap prevents me from the goodness that comes on the 3rd of December.

No comments: