Monday, September 14, 2009

A double dose of old PS3 exclusives

Taking full advantage of Best Buy's "buy one PS3 game, get the second half off" last week, I purchased two titles that'll be receiving the sequel treatment later this year: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, and Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction. I figured that I should beat these games before the end of the year, with Ratchet having an additional DLC stand-alone expansion, Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty, to complete as well.

But so far, both games will sure to satisfy me to no end. Ratchet and Clank is just a great series overall, and I've had the pleasure of playing their second and third outings on the PS2. Uncharted just looks great with very convincing computer models that express more emotion than the characters from Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within.

As of this writing, I'm giving both equal playtime, but might favor Ratchet over Uncharted, simply for the fact that there are still some unresolved issues with the game against the new firmware.

No comments: