Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Zero Punctuation review: Tales of Monkey Island

The Monkey Island series has always filled me with such gaming pleasure in the past, and is part of a long-dying genre of point-and-click adventure goodness. I remember the small satisfaction of using the right combination of objects to achieve your goal and progress the well-written story closer to its climatic end.

Of course, when you don't know what the hell you're suppose to do, then it becomes an angry race at making every possible combination of objects. And when you finally find the right one, you scream at the screen, "how the fuck does that make any sense???!?!?"

Ahem.

But Tales of Monkey Island is one series I hope to play soon, just because I miss those types of games from my gaming youth.

I share the same ire as Yahtzee does with previous Monkey Island games, but my (hopefully) better intelligence allows me to cleverly reason which objects to use, as opposed to myself 14 years ago, when I had the patience of a ripened banana.

So enjoy this review of the first two episodes by Yahtzee and his Irish alter ego. NSFW, of course.

No comments: