Monday, March 9, 2009

A rare find - Megaman 9 Press Kit!!

During a visit to this year's Wonder Con, I found Capcom holding a booth displaying their games and wares to the public, as well as selling their products with no sales tax. Amongst all the Phoenix Wright and Street Fighter games, I found a few stray copies of their Megaman 9 Press Kits lying around! Sure enough, they were on sale during the convention, so I couldn't help but snag myself a copy!

If you're not familiar with these press kits, these faux game boxes contain a hollowed-out NES cartridge with a mini cd inside filled with Megaman 9 art assets and screenshots. Originally given to the press for free as promotional items, Capcom made about 200 of them available to the public for $50 a piece - which sold out fast. So, paying for one without any sales tax or shipping is a real steal!

The nostalgia value of this is through the roof. Even showing it to a friend, he felt like a little kid holding it. The jury is still out on whether or not I break the seal to view its contents, but in the meantime, I'm just happy to have it in my hands.

Now excuse me while I hold it again....aaaaaaaaaah.

No comments: