Thursday, January 5, 2012

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception...finished!!


I'm going to just say it - I was a little disappointed in Uncharted 3.  But not majorly so that I hated the game.  The game was still jaw-droppingly awesome and had its moments, both in action and script, and the gun battles, while at times frustrating, were balanced out with the sense of learning from one's mistakes.

And while I enjoy a good story any day over the length of the game, I still found the playtime to be a little shorter than expected.  It won't stop me from playing the game once more in Crushing Mode (I started in Hard, for a greater challenge), but it's a little disappointing all the same.

Another thing that was quite apparent was the number of glitches the game had.  Uncharted 2 was quite polished, and there was nothing to note of when recalling any odd bugs.  But this one had more than its share of clipping issues, texture drops, and the occasional falling-right-off-the-map moments.

Despite these flaws, the game still stands to be a very enjoyable experience, one that I will still enjoy again and again.  At the moment I've been building my online stats thanks to a few co-op missions with a buddy of mine, so the replay value is still quite high.  And I've started the game over again on "crushing" mode, like I did with Uncharted 2.  To be honest, though, "hard" mode in Uncharted 3 was about as hard as the "crushing" mode on Uncharted 2, so I'm looking into a real challenge this time around.

No comments: