Thursday, April 3, 2008

A letter to Nintendo

The following is an email I just sent to Nintendo's customer service.

---------------------------------------------------

Hello Nintendo (or whoever spends the time reading these emails),

Let me first say how I've admired your products over the years, and have certainly grown with them, from the lowly days of LCD screens and Game & Watch titles, to the current generation of Wii titles. In fact, recently I purchased Super Smash Bros Brawl with much anticipation, and have been thoroughly satisfied with the game thus far.

No, no...I'm not writing in about the poor online capabilities, despite what everyone else has said. In fact, online problems really occurred about 30% of the time at worst, and I've enjoyed both random and friend play numerous times. That's not to say I don't have any issues with it at all, but I can definitely say that it has satiated my need to reach out and beat someone.

The next title I look forward to is one coming at the end of the year - Mario Kart Wii. While just the thought of racing on new tracks and with new people make me giddy with joy, the one feature I'm looking forward to is the dedicated Mario Kart Wii channel that allows users to not only find out if their friends are playing, but also room hosting and spectator mode - and to run it all without the game running? That's just pure icing on the cake.

Now...here's my question: will you do this for Super Smash Bros Brawl?

I'm sure it's come up a few times now, and I'm sure I'm not the only one to chime you guys in on the concept. I mean, with Mario Kart Wii, you'll prove that you can create an entire new channel purely dedicated to one title. Can't you potentially do this for other titles as well? Especially since these channels do not need the game in order to function properly? Not only can this be more versatile with people who already have games capable of going online, but being an external hub for people to connect is an extreme benefit. You wouldn't have to run the game every time to see if people are online and ready to play - you just run the channel and see before you waste time loading the game!

This has the potential to not only increase revenue for Nintendo titles, but also to increase the community and following towards a more robust gaming environment. Think about it...people can run a Pokemon Battle Revolution channel, or a Mario Strikers Charged channel and see in an instant if people are online.

I really don't expect a reply, but one would be very appreciated. I just merely wanted to voice my opinion on the matter, and I hope to hear more good news in the future.

Awaiting the release of Mario Kart Wii,
Willie

---------------------------------------------------

I'll let you know if I get any response.

2 comments:

sweetea said...

wow.....just wow....

Unknown said...

Yeah, I know...a letter. And it's long, too. Just...wow...