Friday, June 13, 2008

Virus busting with my wife

Dr. Mario is a great puzzle game, one of the few games that can truly kill a lot of spare time. When the WiiWare version was released, it became the first WiiWare title that I downloaded, and I'm very glad I did. Though I still haven't tried online (I still suck pretty bad), I've played the hell out of single-player mode, but not much of the "Virus Buster" mode, where up to 4 people can play in a new format of Dr. Mario. That changed 2 days ago.

I really half-assed the presentation to my wife, telling her that you just point to a piece and drag it where you want to place it. With that, I handed her the WiiMote and we went at it from level 1 on Easy. An hour later, we just passed level 20 and still kept going.

Sometimes I think my wife is a hardcore gamer deep down inside. I just need to find the right trigger to spark that personality within. I came close with Dr. Mario, as I have in the past with Boom Blox, Mario Kart Wii, and Chulip. The latest thing I got going for me is Wii Fit, so we'll see how that goes.
Post a Comment