Friday, June 13, 2008

Virus busting with my wife

Dr. Mario is a great puzzle game, one of the few games that can truly kill a lot of spare time. When the WiiWare version was released, it became the first WiiWare title that I downloaded, and I'm very glad I did. Though I still haven't tried online (I still suck pretty bad), I've played the hell out of single-player mode, but not much of the "Virus Buster" mode, where up to 4 people can play in a new format of Dr. Mario. That changed 2 days ago.

I really half-assed the presentation to my wife, telling her that you just point to a piece and drag it where you want to place it. With that, I handed her the WiiMote and we went at it from level 1 on Easy. An hour later, we just passed level 20 and still kept going.

Sometimes I think my wife is a hardcore gamer deep down inside. I just need to find the right trigger to spark that personality within. I came close with Dr. Mario, as I have in the past with Boom Blox, Mario Kart Wii, and Chulip. The latest thing I got going for me is Wii Fit, so we'll see how that goes.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Is there enough room on the wii for a lot of downloaded wii content?

Unknown said...

Well, if what people saying are true, then the system's fast running out of room to download stuff.

Of course, you can always delete the downloadable content with the safety knowing that you can always download it again later if you so wish.

The issue is sort of being addressed by Nintendo, albeit vaguely, though. But in the meantime, I'd just be aware of space while you download.

Unknown said...

Do you have to pay for wiiware games? If so, seems kinda janky... but oh well. you live you learn. they'll get it right eventually. :)

Unknown said...

You have to pay for WiiWare games, but they're pretty much on par with other pay-to-play content on the other consoles, so it shouldn't really come as a shock.

Personally, I'm just waiting for the Homestar Runner game out in July. Definitely will be worth the money...