Monday, August 1, 2011

Tales of Monkey Island...finished!


I believe a quarter of my developed wit came from the clever wit-involved sword fights in Monkey Island.  I'm not talking about the Tales of Monkey Island episodic games, but from its earlier predecessors.  To take something active like swordplay and convert it to a still-engaging thinking man's game is no small task, and is ultimately one of the many references that defined the series up until now.

Monkey Island games reward clever players with a hilarious take on the pirate life, and Tales of Monkey Island is no exception.  The five-episode series does a great job reminding us of what makes a Monkey Island game memorable, and the wit here is as sharp as ever.  If you're a fan, you owe it to yourself to at least give the game a try.

Frankly, I want to see more of these point-and-click adventures.  They certainly hold a special place in my gamer heart.

No comments: