Monday, July 14, 2008

Metal Gear Solid 2...finished!

In my quest to finish all things Metal Gear Solid before popping open my own copy of Metal Gear Solid 4, here's a late "finished" stamp for Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance. I actually finished the game a week ago, but am finally reporting it now. Needless to say, there's a remarkable improvement in graphics and gameplay, and the intro is one to put into the books. While I didn't go shoot-everything-off-the-shelves nuts over the back-then-revolutionary interaction with inanimate objects, the different weapons and modes of play made playing the game all the more pleasant to progress through the story.

Since then, I've begun my third quest before the fourth installment, and already I've taken a couple of things for granted. For one, there's no cone of vision, leaving me to only rely on my own two eyes. Second, the camera's now free-roaming and not the fixed overhead view. This not only makes my view spin 360 degrees, but turns my stomach as well.

I believe Metal Gear Solid 3 will be my most challenging endeavor yet, but at the same time is the final hump to roll over before I'm fully up to date.

No comments: