Thursday, April 9, 2009

Hammerin' Hero, along with a GameStop story

It's not uncommon to pre-order a game at GameStop, whether it is for a game you're looking forward to, or whether it's for the extras that come with it. For me, it was a little of both.

But when they tell you that you're the only one that placed a pre-order for Hammerin' Hero, that sorta puts you in your place. Was I the only one interested in this game? Was I the only one interested in the free extras? Was I the only Atlus faithful that visited that store?

Maybe no one has time to try out the quirkiness of Japanese humor all rolled up into a game. Maybe people don't like the extra figurines that come with the pre-order, even though they come in nice boxes and not just doled out in plastic bags.

Whatever the case, I felt "special" that day. Not exactly the good or bad kind - an indifferent "special" feeling.

No comments: