Monday, September 12, 2011

Another classic on the 3DS...Star Fox 64


In a largely-stagnant library of 3DS games arrives Star Fox 64 3D, one of the great N64 classics in 3D form to the portable screen.  I knew since E3 that it was a game I was looking forward to, but it wasn't until I watched how polished the opening scene was that it was an instant buy in my book.

But this marks the second game I bought for the 3DS that was a remake.  And while the nostalgia is pleasant and warm, it's still a desperate cling to the past - of an age when games were still adventurous and daring, pushing past the envelope of potential.  Where's that risk now?  Where's that daring new game that will make people go "wow, I thought I was through with games...until now."

Oh well, back into my Arwing.

No comments: