Monday, January 9, 2012

Batman: Arkham City...finished!!


With Batman: Arkham Asylum, the game offered so much more gameplay after the core game was over that it really felt like you're in the billionaire's cape and cowl.  All the extra Riddler trophies and side missions made the game more meatier, allowing me to use Batman's arsenal of toys to the fullest.  Batman: Arkham City does at least ten times as much of side missions and content, enough to make me think twice whether or not I would be able to complete them all.

With a lot of patience, time, and hundreds of beaten-up thugs later, not only was I able to finish the game on Hard Mode, but I successfully completed all the side missions and discovered all 440 (whew) Riddler trophies!  I think the time I spent on the side missions would've been much faster if I didn't stop to beat up every low-life I saw wandering the plague-ridden streets.

For the record, both Uncharted 3 and this game were actually completed late last year, but only now have I found time to actually post a blog about it.  But I'm happy to report that I've successfully done what I did with Uncharted 2 and Batman: Arkham Asylum - to play the game initially in its hardest setting and complete it.  Now to begin "New Game +", where the game becomes increasingly harder and there are no counter prompts to warn you of thug attacks.

No comments: