Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational, with something missing


I've always enjoyed the Hot Shots Golf series on the go on my PSP, and am happy to get Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational on my PSVita.  But compared to the PSP versions, one thing is lacking from the latest iteration - background noise.  Gone are the incessant whirs of the UMD disk as the game loads between levels.  Apart from that, it's the same old golfing game I've come to play and enjoy...which is not a bad thing.

Sure, there are new control schemes to swing your club.  The concentric circle format is carried over from the PS3 version, along with 2 other control schemes, as well as the original straight-line power meter from the earliest versions.  I've only personally got accustomed to the concentric circle format, but will have to try the others another time.

And there is some implementation with the touch screen and touch pad in the back, but not so much that I absolutely require them.  In fact, most of the time the touch screen just gets in the way, especially the back touch pad.  There's the occasional "hey, I touched the tree, and it shook," but that's about it.

Overall, the main golf game I've come to love and enjoy is just the same as always, but with new courses to play through.  And it's a nice departure from trying to shoot down enemies with Uncharted's clunky controls.

No comments: