Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Zelda 3DS, or (holds above head) "NAH NAH NAH NAAAAAAAAAH!!!!"


I was an early adopter of the 3DS, but let's face it - it has a shitty battery life. So, when I heard the 3DS XL had a much better battery, I debated on upgrading for many months. It was a good thing I held out for as long as I did, because now I have THIS!!


The Limited-Edition Zelda 3DS!! Even though it had a digital copy of the latest Zelda, it's really only a minor quibble to getting such a beautiful 3DS XL system. I mean, look at it!

Laying the system to show its back, you can see the sexy triforce symbols tattooed against the gold and black chassis, faintly visible against the light.


And here's the obligatory comparison shot against my older 3DS.


But this system is no good without a proper transfer. Which is when I realized I haven't transferred my old old DSiWare games to my old 3DS. It's been so long that I almost forgot where it was. I still had some really good games back then - Pictobits, Boxlife, and Mighty Flip Champs, to name a few.


I wonder how long the transfer's gonna ta- OH!! Little pikmin are transferring my data! HOW ADORABLE!!


It's weird having to make the transfer from the DSi to my old 3DS, then now from my old 3DS to my new 3DS XL. I've essentially sucked out the life force from each device, leaving them as soulless hollow husks. But they shall revive anew in a golden device, the device that will carry them onward from this point on.


The little mosaic of icons there is my DS life's worth, full of games past, games acquired by becoming a 3DS Ambassador, and games I got on a whim. If you're wondering, the layout setting is seccond from the farthest those icons can be viewed.

And I doubt the life of this system will go out anytime soon, because there are still games I want to play.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like your old 3DS case. where do you get something cool like that?

Unknown said...

According to my friend who got it for me as a gift, it was a ComicCon exclusive from Capcom. The back has a "25 years" commemorative logo, too.