Sunday, March 12, 2017

Board Game Media to Support: No Pun Included


Right, how can I start this awesome, awesome article about one of the best board game media reviews, No Pun Included?

Oh, I know! Let's talk about the first time I watched one of their videos! It's bound to stir up some awesome story about how I found out about Efka and Elaine! It must've been about some board game I was interested in, and then I looked around YouTube for videos and I found thei-


"Happy New Years and Our Game of the Year for 2015?" Really? A year ago? That can't be right. I thought it was longer than that. I mean, these are two people who really talk ABOUT the games they review, rather than just going over rules. They pour their LOVE into each video as if they were their children. Sometimes pouring alcohol into them. And making awkward situations. Wait, lemme watch this video again...


Wait, what was that? At the 57-second mark? Crowdfunding, you say, Efka?

SEGUE


That's right! Efka and Elaine from No Pun Included currently is running a Kickstarter campaign, and they need YOUR support to allow them to keep doing what they've been doing - making HIGHLY enjoyable board game reviews while being very informative, down-to-earth, and hilarious in the process.

"But they've already reached funding..."


You're right, random-voice-inside-this-blog-article! But that only covers half a year of content, and who can really live off a half a year of content? Well, maybe one of those popular TV shows that have gotten so successful that they air only 3 episodes during that span and wait a year or two to produce more I'M LOOKING AT YOU SHERLOCK.

The bigger goal here (in my opinion) is to get No Pun Included funded for the ENTIRE YEAR. Because that's a full year - 12 months - of more awesome content from this power couple in board game reviewing. 12 more months of things being thrown at Efka. 12 more months of weird smiles from Elaine. 12 more months of awkward jokes you'll have to rewind and watch again just to catch all the naughty bits you missed the first time around and then realize that it wasn't a joke at all and you were just laughing at an unruly strand of hair that went wildly out of control on camera.

[UPDATE] Funding has reached a full year! Now, let's see if we can get them to GenCon!!

"But what's in it for me?"


Um, feeling good about yourself for supporting some fine, fine people doing what they love? Well, if you're in the wanting of things, there are different pledge levels in which you can get some sweet, sweet promos. If you're a Gloomhaven fan, there's even an exclusive digital adventure that's co-written by No Pun Included and Isaac Childres! And badges and stickers!


"But I don't have money to support them."


Boy, you're a real killjoy for some random voice that came from nowhere. Fine, then make sure to like and subscribe to their channel, and tell everyone about how wonderful and beautiful Elaine is, and how wonderful and...Efka is. And be sure to direct them to some of your favorite videos and bits. Some of mine are below!




If it hasn't been apparent enough, I LOVE No Pun Included. I want nothing more than to see them succeed wildly on their Kickstarter, and with 2 more weeks left in their campaign, I'm certain they will. And if this poorly-written, joke-riddled, unstructured love letter to Efka and Elaine and their No Pun Included channel helps direct your attention to them, then I've done my job well.

And with that, I'll leave you with this quote from my daughter, who watched some No Pun Included videos with me long ago. I think this sums it up nicely.

"This person talks a lot." - my daughter

...

(That was awkward. Quick, do something!)


(That's worse! Sorry, Elaine, not sure what Willie's doi-)


Quietly walks away from keyboard.

No comments: