Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Welcome back, PSP! You look different...did you lose weight?

If you're new to this site, chances are you haven't read my short PSP story about 2 months ago. Well, go ahead and read it. I'll wait.

Done? Good, welcome to now.

So, over the weekend, I finally went and bought the PSP slim (piano black, not the white or silver shit), and a copy of Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions. Being an early (but not smart) adopter of the PSP 1.0, I know what to expect when I eventually open this package, with the obviously new thing being the fact that it's thinner. Plus, I've never played the original Final Fantasy Tactics, so it's an added new treat to me.

Now, I'll keep this short and simple since this subject warrants its own post in the future, but SRPGs (Strategy RPGs) kick my sorry ass. Not that the game itself is hard to complete, mind you, but the sheer time it takes to detail every intricate battle is so mind-blowingly awesome that sometimes it's a bit taxing on the ol' noggin. Eventually, SRPGs just wear me down.

That being said, I think the combination of portability and SRPGs is a winning one in my book.

Playing (and still playing) Final Fantasy Tactics Advance on GBA is an excellent example. I think all together, I spent about 70+ hours in that game...more time than I've ever spent on SRPGs that I've played at home on my PS2. The reason? I could take the game anywhere.

Anywhere.

As for attention? Well, it still has to wait in line behind my DS for now.

No comments: