Friday, June 27, 2008

MegaMan 9 going retro and coming to all three systems!

I'm going to try my best not to use tired old cliches when describing my excitement at the moment. I just can't believe that Capcom is releasing a new MegaMan game on WiiWare in traditional 8-bit format. This news is so unbelievably awesome that I still can't believe it. All I can say is that other companies should follow their fans more than their guts. I'm looking at you, Konami, and your Castlevania fighter - the news was such a negative shocker that this is the only nod I'll give it.

Being such a fan of MegaMan in the past (2 and 3 are the most prominent in my mind), I just can't wait until I get to measure up the difficulty for myself to see if it's worthy to be up in the ranks of quality MegaMan games.

[Update]

Okay, so it's going to be released on all three systems. Good for Capcom. The more people exposed to the goodness of MegaMan retro, the better! At least we'll know that graphics won't be a deciding factor in which system to get it for...

No comments: