Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Look what's arrived at my door...

If you've been a faithful reader of my blog, you know that I've often ranted on Sony and their poorly promoted system. Even now, after almost reaching its second year in the market, there are only a handful of games I'm considering to play on it. But now, after all that time, I have finally bought myself a PS3 first before an XBox 360 - mostly because of the Metal Gear Solid 4 Bundle.

Why did I buy it? I never really played the Metal Gear series, so the game wasn't really a selling point. But the system was twice the size of the current model out there (only 40GB), backwards compatible, and included the DualShock 3 controller. All that with a $100 rebate from my cell phone added up to a justified purchase.

So yeah...guess I have a PS3. Just adjusting to the things I can do now, but mostly just downloading anything without a price tag at the Playstation Store to play around with. But bear in mind that most of my game purchases that I plan will be those titles that are Sony exclusive - which includes Ratchet and Clank, and Hot Shots Golf. And, of course, there's still Disgaea 3 coming out later this year. But we'll see how long free demos will last me before I succumb to my first $59.99 purchase.

2 comments:

Ira said...

sell out...

Unknown said...

Whatever. First and foremost, I'm a gamer - and if I need to purchase another system to play a game, I will. Besides, the games I've mentioned of interest are, so far, Sony exclusive - so it can't be helped.