Monday, January 5, 2009

The typical New Year's resolution routine

It's officially the first full week of the new year, and I'm sure many of you are still smashed from all the holiday celebrations. Nevertheless, it's resolutions time...time to make promises we'll try to commit to, but will never complete. And what better resolution to fulfill such a requirement than one to try to finish games one already owns?

Alright, so my New Year's resolution is to commit to finishing more games this year. And while this resolution may seem a bit unrealistic, there's nothing idle about it. Last year, I made a resolve to complete a Master's degree that I had left on hiatus for, oh, 3 years, and vowed to complete it and earn my degree, and last year was the first time I've ever actually completed a resolution. Well, at least to my knowledge.

And this year is no different. I feel a different surge of energy when I say that I will complete my games more often this time than years before, and I feel this blog will help me out along the way. It's been my marker for all my past finished games since I started this blog, and it shall be my marker for years to come, so I'm feeling pretty confident.

Speaking of "surges of energy," the little miss and I have made a "couples" resolution to be more fit for the new year, so I'm finally hoisting my lard-ass off the chair and going to the gym to workout. Needless to say, I'm ABSOLUTELY RELIEVED to be sitting down now.

(Image courtesy of icanhascheezburger)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Willie,

Congratulations on completing the Masters! I'd like to think that it was because me and David made you promise to do it when we were hanging out in that bar one night. But we knew you can do it!