Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A brief moment of your time...

Things have certainly been busy in the Gameritis house. I've been busy trying to work out two New Year's resolutions to post more on this blog as well as on my friend's site Akiba-Station.com (under the name "GameOrDie"), not to mention squeezing in any gaming time I can between work, sleep, meals, and exercise.

That being said, I just want to take this post to mention how pleased I am with this site, whether or not there are people reading it or not. Not only does it serve as an outlet for my self-proclaimed alfliction, but it chronicles my love for the many games that are released. Sure, I'm not a big-named gaming blog, nor am I some corporate news site that is always up-to-the-minute...but just the typical gamer juggling between virtual entertainment and real life. I'm right smack in the middle between a completely hardcore gamer that practically does nothing but game, and the "reality first" gamer that dismisses games entirely and moves on. Just keeping a balance between the two worlds is a daily chore, and blogging about it has become an enjoyable routine.

Anyways, I won't want to be preachy, so I'll end it here. Thanks for listening, and remember to comment anytime!

Here's to another year of video gaming bliss!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hear hear!

Blogging is an interesting pastime and a curious phenomenon. The natural evolution of the forum/BBS structure seems to be keeping the internet busier and up-to-the minute(er) than ever.

My own initial adventures into this general space take place on Twitter, and for a first shot it's fairly painless. (I had avoided even having a LJ for years)

Good to see that you're still digging it, and rest assured you'll have at least one troll hanging around occasionally for some time to come.