Friday, December 21, 2007

Remembering Christmas: a gamer's memory

Being not as big a gamer as myself, my wife has found it somewhat troublesome when trying to buy a gift for me, and I don't blame her. She knows that most of the time, if there's a game I'm interested in, I'll eventually buy it myself. No matter what, however, she finds a way to surprise me...which is why I recall last year's Christmas.

I'm a sucker for a game's rarity, and the last thing I'd think my wife would've bought me was a rare game. So I mentioned it only once, not thinking for a second that she would even consider the idea...seeing that the game was out-of-print and only obtainable through eBay.

Lo and behold, though...my Christmas gift last year was a copy of Ikaruga! And an awesome NES T-Shirt! I was so unexpectedly happy that I just went "thank you" nuts!! I believed her gamer heart grew three sizes that day.

To this day, I still love that gift and am reminded of how lucky I am to have her. She'll always be my "player 2."