Friday, August 8, 2008

FF CC: Ring of Fates...finished!

This week has been a good week for completing games. At a little over 12 hours, I've just completed the DS game Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates. What began as a simple game review turned out to be a game I just couldn't put down. Basically, if you enjoy the simple action/adventure game, you will enjoy Ring of Fates.

To be quite honest, this game is probably the first DS game I've ever played where I did not mind using my fingers to interface the touch screen. And that's extremely uncommon for me, since I almost always use a stylus for most other games. It's all thanks to the game's very intuitive control scheme, making all commands and controls within thumbs reach.

While the game is fairly short and most gameplay elements aren't used enough, the story is classic SquareEnix and is well told. If there should be any drive to play a game, it's for the story.

No comments: