Friday, August 15, 2008

Hey, that game is still unopened!!

I'm sure other gamers can relate when I say that at one time or another, you've overloaded your gaming queue. Maybe you took on too many games at once and not finish any of them, or purchased games on sale that you haven't touched...but it has probably happened to you at least once in your game-playing lives. But the industry has only been pumping out more and more as the years roll by, giving us gamers less and less time to actually enjoy their 60+ hour games. (That's another rant for another day...)

The problem is, during these moments, I take on more games faster than I can play them. The result? Games that aren't even opened.

In reality, I don't have much time to play games as long as I wish to. Sure, in the past couple of months, I've finished a number of games, but all of them are short relative to completion times. 12 hours? 21 hours? We're talking about almost a complete day's worth of gaming, stretched out in the span of 2 months. You do the math.

So a game that's still in its plastic casing, sitting on the counter collecting dust is not gaming negligence; it's merely in hibernation until there's an open slot in my schedule. My ideal, ultimately, is that if I open a game, I'll make sure I have the right amount of time to give it my full attention. I may or may not finish the game, but I want to be able to give it my all before I give up.

I'll save you the "treat it like a lady" bullshit. If you're coming on to your games, you have more pressing issues to deal with.

No comments: