Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Extra-Life - Hour 13-24: Professor Layton and the Last Specter


Since I've already posted that I finished the game, I figured I'd use the last 12 hours to wrap up the remaining 12 hours of my Extra-Life gaming accumulation to Professor Layton and the Last Specter.  As difficult it is to believe, I've spent way more than 12 hours when trying to complete this game.

Sure, the majority of the game consists of brain teasers and puzzles, but it takes lots of time to try to figure each one out.  Some just require a lot of written notes and speculation, while others (like sliding puzzles or mazes) just require a lot of persistence.  It's still surprising for me to go through 130+ puzzles during a 18+ hour spa, not to mention all the storyline elements and cut scenes.

In the end of the Extra-Life gaming session, I would've liked to spent more of those hours on my PS3.  And while I did get some hours moments before my system died, I figured I'd go out with whopping chunk.  I'll certainly do this again next year, and hopefully I'll be roaring in all kinds of systems while playing for charity in the process!

No comments: