Tuesday, March 25, 2008

An apology about the excess of Brawl posts

In truth, when I say a game is never gonna leave my system, I'm actually saying that the game will probably be left standing when the console's cycle has expired. It's clear that I will eventually unlock all there is to unlock in Super Smash Bros Brawl, that I will have finally played all I can play from it - but in actuality, it will be put aside when newer content arrives.

Don't get me wrong - I'm still crazy for the game. And I will not back down from any challenge, whether it's from friends or online. But when other more important things come up, it disappears into the background, no question. It's times like these where I really cherish the Spectator mode, allowing me to randomly view matches as if it was a dedicated channel just to show people playing. In some small way, it makes me happy to see how many people have stuck behind such a simple concept as bringing in characters from a wide array of games and bringing them together in such harmony.

The relevation sorta came from this past weekend, when I popped in No More Heroes to show some friends what the game was all about. After having some fun taking down enemies, I realized how much I enjoyed the game and how I still haven't finished it. But why? Did I get tired of the mechanics? Were the graphics putting a visual damper to my eyes? Was the story starting to wear thin? That's when I took off my "brawl" goggles and stepped back at the larger picture.

Like my site, I believe my gaming scope has narrowed squarely on this one game more than anything else. And probably like you guys, I'm starting to get sick of it. Not in a bad way, mind you...but there's something called "moderation" that I should pay attention to.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'll try to minimize all things "brawl" related. I'm sure you guys get enough from all the other gaming sites more dedicated to this game than mine, and I want to keep mine more open to the broader scope of games.

That being said, there are still a few other games that I'll be looking forward to, plus the day-to-day grind of what the fuck's up with the gaming industry, and you can be sure I'll post whatever's on my mind.

2 comments:

sweetea said...

I concur there are too many "brawl" postings. I would like to hear more about Animal Crossing. Particularly the kick ass movie!

Unknown said...

From what I've researched, there doesn't seem to be any immediate plans to release the movie in the States. However, some fans have subtitled it and uploaded the entire movie in parts on YouTube, if you want to view it that way. And from what I've seen in the first few minutes, it's pretty dedicated to the game, in music and style.