Thursday, December 4, 2008

Zero Punctuation double review: Guitar Hero: World Tour and Mirror's Edge

To compensate for last week's and this week's "Lazy Wednesday," I'm posting a double feature "Super Lazy Thursday" edition of Zero Punctuation.

First off was last week's review of Guitar Hero: World Tour. While the game didn't surprise me much in its song selection or style, the drums were a delight to play with. If I had an ideal setup, I'd have the drums from GH:WT and the guitar from Rock Band 2.

For this week, Yahtzee reviews Mirror's Edge, coming to the conclusion that I somewhat expected - that the game had much more potential in it, but that Dice didn't go the extra mile to deliver it. Personally, I still find the parkour-inspired game to be unique in a developer's eye, and take great satisfaction dodging enemies with such grace and finesse.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you play GH:WT for the Wii? What were your thoughts on their DLC solution? Personally I've liked the GH guitars way better than the RB ones, but I haven't experienced GH:WT...

Unknown said...

I haven't tried the Wii version of GH:WT myself, but I tried it out a bit on the PS3. The song selection was okay, but nothing seemed to grab me.

I used to enjoy the GH guitar, but after the RB ones, I find it hard sometimes to return to the GH ones...