Sunday, November 2, 2014

My Take on NaNoWriMo - NoBloMo!


Hey guys!

Due to (some WAY TOO easy) persuasion, I'm doing my take on National Novel Writing Month for November and doing NoBloMo - November Blogging Month!

Yes, I know what it sounds like. But stay with me.

NO GIGGLING!

Are you good?

Okay, so the whole thing with National Novel Writing Month is to promote writing during the month of November, with the final goal to finish by the end of it! It's a great thing to do if you're up for the challenge! Me, I'm lucky to even get a blog post up.

Which is why I'm taking a spin on this and making it NoBloMo! (HUSH!) I'll be attempting to write a blog entry every day for the month of November. About what? Well, whatever is on my mind, or what I found, or whatever I deem unique enough to warrant a post.

(Yes, it's November 2nd. I forgot yesterday, but I just started now, so give me a break!)

So I thought that the first thing I'd discuss is the reason my blog articles are so sparse.

Why So Little Blog Articles?


Life. Family. Kids. Sleep.

Those are the easy reasons to pick out. But, in fact, I have a few brewing. I'm an editor-freak, constantly re-working my own pieces to no end. It's not that I'm a little of a perfectionist, but when I write things, I want the focus to remain on-point. I've went on wild tangents in previous articles, so much so that I've had to chop off LARGE hunks of it to get back on track. It's not easy at first, but I got used to it over time. It's easy to write out streams of thought (like what I'm doing now), but if I want to REALLY get my point across, I aim to deliver my best quality of work...often at the sacrifice of numerous delays.

So, whatever articles that appear here are the best work I produce. What I lack in quantity, I more than make up for quality. It matters how I present my words, even though most of the stuff on this blog is mainly an outlet that I never expected any audience to read. Since 2007, this was, has, and always will be a personal diary of sorts that is open to the public. If anyone comes and read these, I hope they entertain as well as amuse!

Tomorrow, I'll talk about the origins of this blog and its name!

No comments: