Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Domestic abuse and Wii

The interactivity in Metroid Prime 3 makes me feel all more energetic playing the game - more so than my normal laid back slump with my thumbs making the only movement. I just got the grappling hook and started latching on and yanking off pieces of doors, fragments, and other objects with the nunchuk attachment with finesse. And the Wiimote is awesome for the free aiming; no more holding down the right trigger to aim!

But, ever since I got my HDTV, I've become more aware of the dangers that can occur. I'm pretty safe playing my Wii. I use my Wii-straps at all times, and make sure everyone else does the same...but thoughts of the worst that can happen to my TV still linger.

Not only that, but in general you're swinging around two pieces of plastic. The last thing I want to do is to cast my grappling hook, only to knock my wife in the back of the head. I don't want to explain to officers that I was playing a video game when I smacked my spouse. That would be a stupid reason to get arrested for.

No comments: