Monday, September 17, 2007

They grow up so fast...

My living room is my domain. It's a treasure trove of treats for my eyes and ears, and I take care of it constantly. And I make do with what I got; if I had just an endtable, I'll make it an endtable with a TV on it, and organize all my media devices in the best possible setup. And, in fact, that was my setup...until now.

This weekend, I assembled a nice TV stand that was given to us as a gift (Thanks, Che!). The instructions weren't exactly Ikea-simple, but the process was relatively effortless and, in the end, we have a glorious TV stand, which you see below.

Unfortunately, I don't have a "before" picture of my TV setup, but "before," my Wii and PS2 were both on the floor. Now, they grace the sides of my HDTV, like guards to the throne. And most of my DVDs and games are off the floor and fill my bottom shelf, like lowly peasants. And my kingdom's a nice, sleek black.

I'm so proud...like father proud. Except my child's a living room.

P.S. Yes, yes, I know...I have no PS3 or Xbox 360. Yet. Thankfully, with my newly acquired space, that possibility is much more open. Mmmmmm, space......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no more! boo! finish your games!